Look Book feature is the backbone of DIVA Look Book
. It's where I pull together workable looks for different occasions from clothes that can be found in most plus sizes. There's no excuse for every girl not to look, and feel, fabulous!
The wedding season is well and truly upon us, and I got some requests for a Look Book that would give ideas for outfits to wear for when you have been invited as a guest to a wedding. First though, a little reminder of the wedding etiquette.
- Read the invitation carefully as it will tell you the time of day and location for the ceremony and reception, both of which are important factors when deciding what to wear. Also, if the invitation is fancy with multiple pages and reply cards, it signals a dressy event.
- When in doubt, overdress.
- But don't overdo it - it's not ok to wear clothes that are too sexy or revealing. A wedding is about celebrating the bride and the groom, as well as their family.
- Black is a go, white is a no.
Time of day and location are the most deciding factors
- Morning: Understated is best, with light fabrics, knee-length dresses and discreet accessories.
- Afternoon: Go festive but refined with a sleeveless dress, open-toe shoes and bangles.
- Evening: A chic cocktail dress is a good option unless a black-tie gown has been specified on the invitation. Color is good.
- Destination: A pretty sundress, beaded thongs and a silky fringed shawl are perfect for a beach wedding.
I came up with three different looks for this Look Book, from a quite traditional one to a more individual look. These are not aimed at any specific type of wedding, they're meant more as inspiration and a starting point for when you start putting your outfit together.
This look is all about pastels, gorgeous fabrics and feminine touches. I just love that dress and it's exquisite tones.
This look is for when you want to make an entrance and feel like a star. The dress is pure glamour, while the nude accessories tone it down and provide a touch of sophistication.
This look is for those who want to make an individual statement. The dress is a little bit quirky, but still completely appropriate, and the raspberry touches project a confident image.
I hope these looks give you some inspiration for when you're trying to decide what to wear. If any of you out there wanted to, I'd love it if you'd share your most successful wedding outfits in the comments! :)
Labels: accessorize, All Looks, asos, DIVA Look Book, dorothy perkins, duo, evans, john lewis, kaleidoscope, links of london, look book, love isis, Marksandspencer, next, oasis, plus size fashion, plus size magazine, vivaladiva, wedding